Storage and maintenance tips
- Storage and maintenance tips:
- For long-term storage, wipe the blade with
tsubaki abura (camellia oil) or olive oil, wrap the knife in newspaper and
store in a cool, dry place.
- Rust prevention:
- While Japanese knives are forged to last a
lifetime, they also tend to rust without proper care and maintenance. Please
follow the instructions below to ensure their longevity and use throughout
- Avoid contact with other steel objects, as
the steel blade is prone to rust.
- Wash immediately after use and dry quickly
with a clean cloth to prevent rust.
- Do not leave to soak for a long time (ie
soaking at night, etc.)
- Apply the knife maintenance oil on a clean
blade to prevent rust. After applying the oil, wipe the blade with a clean
- To remove rust:
- Rub the rust with steel wool. For best
results, apply knife maintenance oil to the blade before scrubbing off the
There are no products to list in this category.